Effective Date: November 23, 2020
1. Scope of This Policy
2. Agreement to Terms
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 19.
3. Policy Effective Date and Changes
We will provide you with information about the change in question and the purpose and any other relevant information before we use your information for that new purpose.
Wherever required, we will obtain your prior consent before using your information for a purpose that is different from the purposes for which we originally collected it.
4. The Information We Collect
Personal details: Such as your name, email address, telephone number, shipping address, company name (if applicable).
Account information: Such as your order history, preferences, and any other information you provide to us when you complete the registration form, in addition to personal details.
Marketing information: Such as your marketing preferences, the level of engagement our emails receive, such as the delivery rates, open rates, and click-through rates which our emails achieve.
Billing information: Such as credit, debit, or other payment card information, Shop Pay or Apple Pay accounts information, billing name, billing address.
Communications you send us: Such as survey responses, correspondence, any other information you provide to us.
Visual information: Such as photographs and videos from social media platforms and/or submitted directly.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us (see Contact Us section) to delete this information.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Do Not Track
We respect your privacy, but we do not alter the information we collect or change the Site upon receiving “do-not-track” signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
What are the consequences of not providing personal information?
5. How We Use Your Information?
Use of Order Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Use of Device Information
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
6. How We Share Your Personal Information
We DO NOT, and WILL NOT, sell any of your Personal Information to any third party – including your name, address, email address, or payment information. We strongly believe this is essential to earn and maintain your trust.
However, we do share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our products and services to you, as set out in the following statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as eCommerce providers like Shopify, payment service providers like Amazon Pay, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, site analysis service such as Google Analytics, and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), and payment providers such as Apple Pay or Shop Pay where you choose to use their payment service
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info.
7. How We Store and Safeguard Your Information
All the personal information we collected when you use the Site is stored securely on Shopify’s server. We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control.
You also have an important role in protecting your personal information. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than one website. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us (see the Contact Us section below).
8. Your Privacy Choice
At checkout and upon first arriving at the Site, you will have the option to receive marketing communications from us, by clicking a button or ticking a box. This action indicates you would like to receive such communications during checkout or at any time while browsing the site by entering your email address into our newsletter sign-up form. You may sign-up for our e-newsletter on our website or opt-in to receive news, offers, or updates on out-of-stock items.
You have control regarding our use of your personal information for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication (e.g., ticking a box to opt-out, clicking “unsubscribe” in the email from us, or replying STOP to a text message) or use one of the methods in the Contact Us section.
9. Additional Disclosures for Our European Customers (including the United Kingdom)
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we provide this section to our customers reside in Europe (including the United Kingdom) for additional information.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making with your personal data.
International Data Transfer
Lawful Bases for Handling your Data
We have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process your personal information for the purposes set out in the section above, HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION, where required. These grounds include:
- as may be necessary to perform a contract (such as when you choose to make a purchase)
- as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we use personal information for recordkeeping to prove tax liability)
- consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law, such as for direct marketing or certain cookies)
- as necessary for our legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain the safety and security of the Site).
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please use the information in the Contact Us section below.
11. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
PO BOX 99900 AT 760 550
RPO WALNUT GROVE
LANGLEY BC V1M 0E2